Old May 11th 04, 07:05 PM
robert arndt

Tank Fixer wrote in message nk.net...
In article ,
on 10 May 2004 05:16:45 GMT,
Denyav attempted to say .....

Fat Man (last year he explained to us the uranium used in Little Boy was
captured from the Nazis)

Not uranium,but Little boy itself ( check out for German markings)

some proof please.

Captured German uranium WAS used in the atomic bombs dropped over
Japan. I've heard of and seen the photo of the Fat Man with the
supposed German "Warning or Danger" label on it (down low near the
tail fins)but honestly I couldn't read what the little arrow was
pointing to.
AFAIK, the Germans were only working on two radiological weapons that
were partially constructed when the war ended. The Sanger Silverbird
(aka Antipodal Bomber) program was reactivated in Feb 1945 and a
wooden mock-up was under construction at a plant in Lofer. The
hypersonic bomber if built (no chance) would theoretically have
carried a German radiological weapon, not an atomic bomb as connected
to the He-277 and Ho XVIIIB.
I believe that there may be more to the German program but I think it
is in context to the German awareness of the Japanese secret A-bomb
project going in occupied Korea. The Germans were sending uranium via
U-boat transfer and were confident their Japanese ally would make a
handful of bombs by Dec 1945.
Germany surrendered in May and Japan in Aug. While Germany's wartime
A-bomb project has been widely explored the Japanese program remains
shrouded in mystery with very little known about the main effort in
Korea, not the scientific stuff discovered in Japan.
For more about "Genzai Bakudan" read "Japan's Secret War" by Robert
Wilcox.

Rob