Old August 7th 06, 09:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Shiver

Default How to lose your licence in one easy lesson

B4RT wrote:

Umm, What FAA Breach?

That's an interesting question.

Now of course I'm only an armchair pilot and don't play
an FAA inspector on TV.... but I woulda thought there was
some FAA rule about just landing a helicopter anywhere.

Otherwise why don't we see helipads every.

A few years ago Badwater Bill from the homebuilt group was rubbing it
in as usual about how succesfull he was and how he had just gotten his
helicopter license.

Along the way he talked about landing at some remote part of some state
or federal park and how on a sandbar ( I believe ) he had the skids
literally six inches on park land. Correct me if I am wrong on the
details here.

Well lots of people didn't like Bill and one of his fans complained.

It was the FAA I do believe that came down and had a chat with him and
according to Bill..... It was some chat.

I'm sure he had a very brown nose at the end of the day to hear him
tell the tale. And he was really torqued at the person who made the
complaint.