Old July 4th 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default Ladies & Gentlemen: Happy Fourth!

To my Fellow Americans: Happy Independence Day!

Just think, if we hadn't won the war for independence from Great
Britain, some 230 years ago, we all wouldn't be speaking Spanish
today... :-)

Seriously, where else can a man hop in his own airplane, load it up
with car gas, and take his family for a 9 day flight around the Great
Lakes, without ever once being required to fill out paperwork or bribe
some petty government official? Where else can one land at literally
thousands of airfields, borrow a car, and head off to see the sights,
knowing full-well that the aircraft will still be there when we return?

For all its foibles, we Americans still live in the free-est country in
history, and let's not ever forget it. Better yet, let's make sure it
stays that way!

Now go celebrate Independence Day -- by flying!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA