Old November 27th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bert Willing[_2_]

Default Maintenance

Why would you do that ?
In places where the cable runs along a pulley, there is no friction.
In places where the cable runs in teflon hoses, lubrication will attract
dust, and make the cable more abrasive.

Same goes with the roller guides of control tubes. If you lubricate them,
they'll attract dust and you will end up with intends in the tube.

"Andy" wrote in message
On Nov 27, 1:25 am, "Bert Willing" bw_no_spam_ple...@tango-
whisky.com wrote:
Yes. You don't lubricate cables in the first place.

Interesting!. Why not? I use LPS2 to lubricate the rudder cable runs
on my ASW-28 and did the same on my ASW-19b.

Andy