Old November 29th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Hoffman

Default Maintenance

The following relates the actual experience an HP-14 owner had
with lubricants and dirt. Source is Wayne Paul's HP web site. It
supports Bob Kuykendall's assertion that careful selection of
lubricant is important, if one chooses to lubricate at all.

"I have had to replace all of the cables, the previous owner had
greased them at the fairleads, and they picked up dirt and got
badly worn very fast. I also replaced the aileron pushrods, as
they also had been greased at the guides, and ended up with wear
marks. "

--
Regards,
Doug