Old November 18th 03, 08:18 PM
Kevin Chandler

I thought so too.

A designated examiner was reviewing our log books for a commercial student.
He flagged that as being a problem. He also felt that it was wrong for me
to remove a radio, get it repair and reinstall it. The radio complaint was
resolved through the AOPA website. They gave that exact example as
something that the pilot could do. Maybe I should ask them about and ELT
check.

Kevin

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

Kevin Chandler wrote:

I know that I am allowed to replace the ELT battery of my airplane. At

the
same time, I performed an ELT check as stated in FAR 91.207. Not being

an
A&P or an IA, am I allowed to perform this check and sign off on it?

I certainly hope so. I've been doing that for years.

George Patterson
The actions taken by the New Hampshire Episcopalians (ie. inducting a

gay
bishop) are an affront to Christians everywhere. I am just thankful

that
the church's founder, Henry VIII, and his wife Catherine of Aragon,

and his
wife Anne Boleyn, and his wife Jane Seymour, and his wife Anne of

Cleves,
and his wife Katherine Howard, and his wife Catherine Parr are no

longer
here to suffer through this assault on traditional Christian

marriages.