Old July 27th 03, 05:40 AM
Bill Daniels

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
.. .
In article ,
says...

The danger also exists when pulling up sharply in to
a thermal and pushing over hard at the top of the pull
up then starting a turn in reduced G.

Do people really enter thermals this way? I've never seen anyone do
this. I might pull up at as much as 1.5 g momentarily, but just let it
bleed down to 1 g and start a turn. What is the value in pushing hard
at the top, instead of just entering a turn?
--
!Replace DECIMAL.POINT in my e-mail address with just a . to reply
directly

Eric Greenwell
Richland, WA (USA)

Depends on how long you hold the 1.5G. Hold it long enough and you might
get a steep pitch up that requires forward stick to get the nose down for
the turn. Rush it and things get interesting.

Bill Daniels