Old May 23rd 16, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

Please be advised that at the joint of the vertical stabilizer many IS 28B2 gliders were found to have a crack after 35 years of service. Inspection and action is to be taken for obvious safety reasons.

Mine was exported in Hungary and there there was a program to reinforce that specific joint on all Hungarian IS 28B2 imported so all is ok, but the ones that were not reinforced need to be inspected.

Living in Romania I performed the initial mandatory 2 year inspection with the Romanina Airclub and got a clean bill of health.

Now I can fly it again safely and legally.

Do you have an amendment number or "more text" about the reinforcement of the joint?