Old July 31st 19, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Wells[_2_]

Default what is that noise?

My Mini Nimbus creaks on hot days -- more if it's been left out in the sun

before launch. It sounds like flexing plastic to me, and I've always put it

down to the canopy expanding/contracting a different amount to the fus. I
think it goes away eventually in flight (or at least, I tend to only notice
it at
first).

Your video sounds more like a banging noise, but it's hard to tell from the

video... it could be the same creaking perspex noise I hear.

At 13:52 30 July 2019, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 30, 2019 at 8:53:21 AM UTC-4,

wrote:
What, if anything is supposed to hold the shims in place when the

glider
is in the unassembled state?

On Monday, July 29, 2019 at 11:00:28 PM UTC-5, Charlie Quebec

wrote:
On my DG200 fore and aft play in the wings is eliminated by

shimming
the lift pins. If a shim has come loose, and dropped of it could cause

such
issues.

Gliders with removable lift pins have the shims under the shoulder of the
pin.
UH