Old November 4th 04, 02:04 PM
J Hansen

(G Farris) wrote in message ...
Of course, as others here will probably mention, it is incorrect to add
adjectives and qualifications to the acronyms VFR and IFR. These, as Peter
states, are two different sets of operating rules, and it must always be
perfectly clear which one applies at any moment in flying. It's one or
the other - no "marginal" "low" or anything else. The acronyms used to
describe conditions (as opposed to flight rules) are VMC and IMC, visual or
instrument Meteorological Conditions.

Well I guess we had better contact the National Weather Service and
tell them to stop using LIFR, IFR, MVFR and VFR to describe weather
conditions on area forecasts then.