Old January 4th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

Default $16,619.85

"Ron Natalie" wrote in message
m...
Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
Bob Noel wrote in
:
In article ,
Dallas wrote:

As much as we hate government involvement in general, I think it
would be fair to say that the U.S. subsides GA to encourage it's existence.
What subsidies?

What revenues do they get? Do they run at a loss?

There isn't a single mode of transportation: airline, GA, rail, bus,
personal auto, in this country (and most) that doesn't operate with
some form of massive government subsidy.

It even extends down to bicycling and hiking trails and the sidewalk in front of your
house, for that matter. Infrastructure is one of those things that can't generally be
built, maintained, and paid for by individuals or private industry. So the political
battles are not over "whether to" but "who" and "what" and "how much".