Old January 23rd 05, 07:39 PM
Peter R.

Greg Esres ) wrote:

I'm not comfortable with this aircraft in IMC until I'm assured the
course guidance is rock solid. Any thoughts as to what might be
causing these indications?

Greg, it may have to go back to Garmin for the fix. Last summer I
dropped off my GNS430 at Lancaster Avionics to have the software
upgraded. I also asked them to test the unit to ensure it was within
specs.

During the testing they discovered that the glidesope receiver was very
weak and recommended the unit be returned to Garmin for repair. I
agreed. Garmin validated that the problem existed and attempted to
correct it twice before it finally passed their internal quality
assurance testing group.

--
Peter