Old February 21st 04, 09:51 AM
Michael Petukhov

nt (Krztalizer) wrote in message ...
I see you didn't answer the question. Is a missile that goes off course

and
explodes a success?

This is because you do not deserve any answer.

But, Michael, in the text you quoted five minutes earlier - here, lets look:

"Russia says new missile will beat any U.S. defences. Russia has developed
ballistic missile technology that can outwit any defensive system, a top
Russian general said on Thursday, in a clear
challenge to the United States' planned $50 billion anti-missile shield."

(Rather hard to do that when the missile in question CATOs shortly after launch
- what was it REALLY doing, "releasing its MARVs"?)

Perhaps you do not follow the subject. one RSM54 fired by
a North Fleet submarine failed. It has nothing to do
with testing of new manoeuvring warheads on ground based RS-18
and mobile Topol missiles. This was successful.

All th rest of your jokes are skipped because given the available
data all this sounds very stipid rather than funny.

Michael

First Deputy Chief of Staff Colonel-General Yury Baluyevsky said that
during large-scale military exercises on Wednesday, Russia had
test-launched a missile system that could manoeuvre in mid-flight, allowing it
to dodge defences."

(True - we cannot hope to track all of the debris as it rains down!)

"The test carried out yesterday *confirmed* (??????) that we can build weapons
which will render any anti-missile system defenceless against an
attack by Russia's strategic forces," he told a news conference.

(It only confirmed the self-kill button worked.)

"Russia's manoeuvres have not gone entirely smoothly over the last week. A
Russian ballistic missile self-destructed after a failed test launch from a
submarine in the Arctic north on Wednesday. On Tuesday, two ballistic missiles
failed to take off in a test on another nuclear submarine."

And all of these failures combined to prove the Russians have a confirmed
ability to make charming speeches and pretty light shows in the sky. Putin
must feel SO PROUD of his *new* nuclear forces.

Its hard to feel threatened by a toothless old bear that can only growl, and
then lie to the press about how successful he was.

[insert some of Michael's, "We'll show you! Uhh, at some later time!" comments]