Old September 27th 12, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgan[_2_]

Default Ridge soaring, Hood River, Oregon, USA

Walt, like always you keep somewhere safe to land within glide. Lulls in the wind are part of the game, but usually winds don't just suddenly stop entirely and if they do, at least you don't have the headwind to fight getting way from the ridge.

Morgan

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 5:19:45 PM UTC-7, Walt Connelly wrote:
Okay, I have a question....I am a flat land Florida pilot. A ridge to

us might be an overpass on the interstate. What happens when the wind

allowing you to fly the ridge suddenly decides to take a break? Does

this happen?

Walt

--

Walt Connelly