Old September 27th 12, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default Ridge soaring, Hood River, Oregon, USA

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:19:45 PM UTC-6, Walt Connelly wrote:
Okay, I have a question....I am a flat land Florida pilot. A ridge to

us might be an overpass on the interstate. What happens when the wind

allowing you to fly the ridge suddenly decides to take a break? Does

this happen?

Walt

--

Walt Connelly

Gary's been in some fields and one road (when the snow got heavy). Keep an out.

You seen this one? GTA ridge running
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKJjML0dYM

Look at the valley bottoms when possible.