Old January 12th 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Z Goudie

Default I Wish Our Website Was As Good As This

At 10:06 12 January 2007, Soarin Again wrote:
For release the glider appears to move out to the right,
releases and flies straight while the Pawnee split
S's to the right. Is this the normal release procedure
in England?

No. The release method used by this BRITISH pilot is
to pull up until the ropes nice and tight before releasing
to be sure that the tug pilot knows I've gone. I find
the resultant pitch departure also prevents them becoming
blase about the result of an accidental tug upset at
low levels.