Old May 24th 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Douglas Paterson

Default Next step(s) in purchase?

"Vaughn Simon" wrote in message

Rather than bothering to get the five hours in advance, just take a local
CFI with you for the trip. Yes, it costs money, but you get dual use out
of the cross-country hours, a second set of eyes for your pre-buy
walkaround and paperwork check, and backup on that unfamiliar cross
country flight in an unfamiliar aircraft.

I'd considered that--and, it's still a fall-back option--but part of my
written-in-smoke plan is to build a mini-vacation around the trip home,
which would at best make it VERY expensive, but more likely wouldn't work
for someone else's schedule (let alone inclination to put up with not only
me, but my friends & family!).

On the pre-buy walkaround, paperwork, etc.: super point. Adding that to my
calculations....

--
Doug
"Where am I to go/Now that I've gone too far?" -- Golden Earring, "Twilight