Old September 11th 05, 12:33 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 18:41:28 -0400, Roy Smith wrote:

In article t,
Tim wrote:

Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

You still need the flight visibility specified in the approach, if you are
below DH/MDA, don't you?

Absolutely, and continuously until touching down.

Let's say the required vis is 2 miles. Reported weather is 3 miles, and
sure enough, you spot the field 3 miles away. By the time you're on 1/2
mile final, it starts to rain and the visibility goes down to 1 mile, but
you can still see the runway clearly. Are you really required to go missed
at that point?

Yes, but *MY* flight visibility was 2 miles at that point. *I* could see
past the far end of the runway. (That's my story and I'm sticking to it).