Old July 2nd 11, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T[_2_]

Default Looking for LS7 Ballast/Trim Blocka

On Jul 1, 4:25*am, WrongWay wrote:
I recently purchased an LS7. *On days when I eat only a light
breakfast, I'm awfully close to the lower limit of 165lbs for weight
and balance purposes.

There is a vertical post way forward near the nose that is set up to
accommodate a stack of 2.5kg / 6lb ballast/trim blocks, but these
unfortunately did not come with the ship. *Does anyone know of a
source for these?

Thanks,

Jordan

This sounds like the same set up in our LS4. Is there an LS4 nearby?
Try a test fit. Ours came with 3 blocks that stack on the single post.
The bottom block is shaped to fit the fuselage curves. You could find
some old tire weights to melt down, form a mold that fits and make
one. Be sure to mark the weight and make an annotation somewhere of
the custom ballast weight and CG effects.