Old October 12th 06, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ben Hallert

Default Airplane in NYC is a Cirrus SR20

Thomas Borchert wrote:
Just because someone on the net writes that quote exists, doesn't mean it
does. "The test pilots say"? Give me a name. A source.

Good point, you may be right, I don't know what the source of that
quote is from that website. A note, however, the Cirrus needed
standard spin certification in Europe, and I do recall reading that
their test pilot indicated that the spin recovery require full (as in
'to the stops') forward elevator to break the stall, something that
would be difficult with the elevator trimmed up.

So whether or not it is 'almost impossible to recover from', keeping
the speed up when using the autopilot (and its elevator trimming) might
not be a bad idea.