Old May 20th 04, 02:49 AM
Nyal Williams

At 23:06 19 May 2004, Bill Daniels wrote:
So, I'm packing up the glider trailer and Grand Cherokee
for a trip that
will end at the Alamogordo Soaring Fiesta on the 29th.
The space is very
limited and I can't quite figure out how all the stuff
is going to fit.

Then something catches my eye. The spare wheel for
the Komet trailer and
the Jeep wheels are both a 5 bolt pattern. Whipping
out my 6' steel ruler,
the bolt centers are as close to the same as I can
measure.

Hmmm, not possible. The German trailer is metric of
course and the Jeep?
Well, who knows these days.

Only way to tell is mount the trailer spare on the
Jeep. I jack the Jeep
and yank a rear wheel and try the trailer spare - IT
FITS PERFECTLY! Now I
don't need that space hogging spare inside the Jeep.
I can use the trailer
spare for both. Now, everything fits.

Who woulda thunk?

Bill Daniels

Hm-m; think it would work with one of those little
ole bitty 45mph 75mile max service spare thingies?