Old November 7th 16, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Flarm Net

My data set is small but my immediate opinion, based upon about 20
minutes of driving a car carrying a portable around the airport, is that
it doesn't display FlarmNet information on the portable's built-in
display. My portable's display showed the expected arrow head symbol
only. My Streak/XCSoar showed the symbol and "3R" which is Renny's call
sign. I could also see the 6-hex-character identifiers of the airliners
overhead.

On 11/6/2016 6:22 PM, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Dave Nadler wrote on 11/6/2016 5:09 PM:
On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 8:04:35 PM UTC-5, Eric Greenwell wrote:
It's my understanding the display in the portable is a Butterfly
display, just like the one that comes with the Core.

No, it is not. That is completely wrong.
The portable display uses its own distinct display code,
running on a single processor with FLARM main processing.

So you know that Flarmnet doesn't work on the portable?

--
Dan, 5J