Old December 4th 03, 08:15 AM
James Woody

If I remember correctly on the '70 WP we had an A7 land on the Hanna,
thinking that it was the Kitty Hawk - talk about a pilot needing his
eyes checked. That A7 was also full of corrosion that needed looked after.

Woody

Gordon wrote:
Yeah, that day, but you forgot the wing sweep incident later on
deployment that left the Dogs (I think) w/one less jet for flyoff...
that was also his least Tomcat hop too IIRC.

Dredging up some rather dormant brain cells here, but wasn't he responsible for
the infamous "Lost Dawg"? I have photos of it somewhere, after the flight
leader brought his element in to land on Ike (gee, I wonder why there is
exhaust coming out of that carrier..?), realized his mistake and waved off, but
didn't warn #2, who went on to trap on Connie. They kept the Tomcat for a
short period, to facilitate a little "corrosion control" (a rather thorough job
of graffiti application) before the 'Lost Dawg' and crew returned to Ike for
their public embarrassment. Wasn't CAG the flight lead for that incident as
well....?

As far as flying with
all the others, well, I think I remember him flying with us
(Bluetails)-- once --

Your birds weren't sexy enough for him LOL. ) Nice to see you again,
Will.

v/r
Gordon
USN SAR Aircrew