Old September 16th 03, 02:03 PM
Javier Gorordo

I use a rule o'thumb of 5 amps for 22 awg and 7 amps for 20 awg (tefzel or
equiv.)
The double power lead method bothers me because if one of the wires broke,
the equipment might then try to pull a full load thru a single (undersized)
wire...unless there is some special circuitry inside the box that prevents
that. Same thing for grounds...

"Aaron Coolidge" wrote in message
Chad Lemmen wrote:

: Why does the KDR-510 datalink receiver use two input wires for power and
: two for ground? The schematic looks like this
snip
: Is the power positive 2 and power ground 2 wires just for redundancy?
: I've never seen any avionics that use two wires both for power and

ground.
: Do both 1 and 2 need to be hooked up or just power and ground 1?

Chad, the King equip I have (KX-155, KN-62) also have 2 pins each for

power
and ground. These pins are connected together internally in both units.
They are hooked up using 22ga wire, so I suspect that some limit on

current
in a 22ga wire is exceeded with a single wire. I would hook up both pins.
--
Aaron Coolidge (N9376J)