Old April 1st 07, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Vertical Card Compass?

On Sun, 1 Apr 2007 13:32:03 -0700, "Matt Barrow"
wrote:

I had one (PAI) in my Bo 36 for four years with nary a glitch. The
installer, IR, mentioned removing ALL magnetic interference during the
install.

In order to remove all magnetic interference in my old Mooney, I would have
to rewire quite a bit, as well as degauss. The estimate to have this done
about fifteen years ago was well over $4,000. (Degaussing would only work
for a week or two). A compass with a remote sensor was a much more
economical solution.
--ron