Old March 29th 07, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Aviation in television shows, question..

Jim Stewart wrote:
Back in the early 60's I remember watching a television
show that featured military jets, test pilots and fighter
missions. It was in black and white and I think it ran
once a week. I was in grade school at the time and never
missed an episode.

I can distinctly remember curled-toed X-2 landings, the
audio-from-mic-in-oxygen-mask dialog and the Sabre dance.

Anyone know what I'm thinking about?

Are you thinking of the Steve Canyon show which ran in 1958?

I think that is the one where a flight of 3 F-102's has a total
engine failure in one of the A/C and the other two "tow" him
home by putting their wingtips under the failed A/C's wingtips.

Plus other breath taking adventures.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.