Old September 17th 03, 10:55 AM
Del Rawlins

On 17 Sep 2003 12:45 AM, Barnyard BOb -- posted the following:

I built most of my hours towards my commercial ticket flying a
C-175. What a POS. It was owned by the regional director of
Encyclopedia Britannica back in 1959. Certainly a fitting aircraft
for those pesky pimps peddling paper pulp. [For those too young
to remember, they were the equivalent of today's telemarketers.]

FWIW --
A fellow RV-3 owner here at 3GV also flies his dad's C-175.
On the way to Osh, it had a piston fail with less than 800 hours
since major, so he never made Osh. So.... this particular
engine continues to build a reputation only somewhat better
than the average auto engine in a plane. B-D

A friend of mine down in Homer has one and he likes it just fine. He
used to post here and bought it partly based on advice from Highflier,
who also seems to like them. My friend explained to me his theory on
why people have had trouble with the engine, which seems to make some
sense, but I don't understand all the issues involved well enough to be
comfortable explaining it here.

I'd consider the engine for my Bearhawk but I want a minimum of 200hp
for float operations, and maybe liquid cooling if possible. 8^)

Del Rawlins-
Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email.
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/