Old May 9th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
noel.wade

Default Ugly Glider

On May 9, 11:59*am, wrote:
50:1 that you'll never have? Have you looked at a Lak-12? Great
performance for CHEAP!

There's a LAK-12 on W&W for $15k. *Then add how much for the refinish
job?

(sigh) I can't even afford this... should try to sell off the kids,
then I'd have more money for flying.

John -

There's always syndicates or partnerships!

Oh, and in case $4k makes a difference: My Russia AC-4a is available
for $11k (not yet on W&W, but it will be soon). The Urethane is
yellowing (Moscow doesn't make great paint), but overall its in good
condition... Sure its got short wings, but it has automatic control
hookups, one pin for the wing, one pin for the tail, only ~70 lbs per
wing panel, climbs like an angel, and handles like a sports-car. Can
you say _any_ of those things about the LAK-12?? :-)

Take care,

--Noel