Old August 30th 08, 09:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_4_]

Default From the other side of the world - 1 attachment - 1 attachment

ŽiŠardo added these comments in the current discussion du jour
I can't believe you actually
gave Hussein a trial!

I believe that it was Iraq that gave him a trial, not the
US.

They would really like Iraq to stand on its own two feet. Of
course, they would like them to be democratic, secular feet,
with a few military bases in the country, too. ;-)

Shh, don't mention the oil and gas reserves!

We have spent over a trillion dollars on this nonsense so far but
are too stupid to demand that the Iraqis, whom we saved, pay any of
it back. Were I president, I'd demand that the United States get
every dime of the estimated $80B/year in oil profits until the
trillion is paid back. In this world there is no free lunch. And,
did I mention that over 4,100 have died for a country that still
basically hates us and another 30,000 maimed for life. Plus, wounds
on this battlefield aren't simple bullets but blown off limbs from
IEDs. But, you are right about the oil - that's what this is really
about. Of course, we could eliminate our dependence on foreign oil
to the tune of $700B+ per year by the simple act of inflating our
tires and getting tune-ups on our cars, or so the Marxist/pacifist
running for president said many times.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet