Old July 22nd 03, 06:38 PM
Mark James Boyd

The only thing you can be absolutely certain he DOESN'T know is
the US CFR's.
Give him a FAR/AIM. Airspace is also a bit hard to figure for
new pilots. Is G at 1500 or 1200 where not marked in the US?
What do the "fences" mean separating G from E airspace in
mountainous terrain?

http://www.soe.ucsc.edu/~mjboyd/cfi/glider/gliderfars

lists the glider specific CFR's/FAR's (whatever you want to call
them, they're still from "the Man"). There are of course a
lot of more general regs, but I put that together for
transitioning US power pilots.

Mark

P.S. I personally would love to go soaring in the U.K., but
I can't seem to quite get the language. I do know that they
really like Bond movies (AKA Roger Moore) and don't like bugs.
I picked at least this up.

But when I mention I'm getting a group of friends to come
over for a good Rogering and would they like to come, or that
there's a lot of buggery in my garage, I get funny
looks from my English co-workers. Is there some nuance
I'm missing?

And "bloody good chips"? They looked like freedom fries to
me, and didn't even have any ketchup. I'm baffled...

Apparently one shouldn't pat a gal on the fanny (extremely rude),
and there's some famous bus driver named "Lorry" and it
isn't an elevator but a lift. Can you imagine? If I said
I was "getting a lift from my friend" it wouldn't make
sense and an English chap (with burned lips?) would suggest
I take a "Lorry."

In the U.K., is Chapstick only for guys? Well, at least they're
smart enough to use the metric system so it makes their
gliders go faster...