Old January 11th 04, 03:25 AM
BUFDRVR

There has been a SIGNIFICANT improvement in the overall
fitness of Navy personnel in the last 5 years since our new
instruction came out.

This cruise was Jan-Feb '99. Some of the biggest people I saw were CPOs.
Apparently this was not uncommon. The two AH-1W pilots I hung out with said
the hatch covers (closed for simulated battle stations, leaving only a small
round hole to get between decks) were known as; "chief screens".

By the way, I'd be
interested (probably a lot of us that read this NG would be too) here
if you could post some current cool stuff about the B-52??? Thanks!

Well, fortunately I keep in close contact with buds at the units, so I am still
"plugged in" despite my current staff job

ECMI (Electronic Counter Measure Improvement program) is progressing on
schedule (which is s l o w) as well as Litening II. Also ready to begin is AMI
- Avionics *Mid*-Life Improvement program that will nearly triple our offensive
avionics memory, install a ring laser gyro and upgrade our avionics computer
processing speed. Several other programs are being accelerated as well, but
none so much that they're ready to slap hardware on the jet yet.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"