Old October 21st 17, 01:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What is your club doing to recruit new contest pilots?

And I will further my above comments with a powerful statement:

If you are not inquiring with those who have quit the sport to ask them directly, then the truth is that you honestly could care less if the sport thrives or dies.

Soaring may be in decline because deep down inside the members truly do not care if it is in decline. The most common characteristic of a club that prospers is that the clubs spirit truly wants a large participation.

Keep this in mind when you are voting for your leadership.