Old August 19th 04, 10:29 PM
Vello

"Nele VII" wrote in message
MiG-25 has a huge water/alcohol reservoir that posed a quite challenge to
airbase commanders; the stuff was very..hm...potable. I think that

Belyakov
(a head of MiG OKB) got a sort of "petition" from pilot and maintenance
gyus' wives about this, to which he answered something like "If it was
needed to fly our planes by the use of French Cognac, we would do it!". To
illustrate the proportions of this problem, when the plumbing of the

filled
reservoir didn't produce effects (since the witty personell would drink it
after the flight), HQ ordered that MiG-25 pilots have to DUMP all
water/alcohol mixture before touchdown!

Nele

NULLA ROSA SINE SPINA

It may be true. One friend of mine was in mid-range missile unit when in
army, by his memories one component of fuel was potable at least for part of
soldiers, so it was regular fight between high-range officers wishing to
keep unit ready to act and soldiers wanting to have fun...