Old May 3rd 16, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default FAA sticks to its guns on not allowing solo glider flight for outof currency power pilots

It is my understanding that the FAA has agreed that it needs to be corrected, but the interpretation of the regulations, as they as written, is correct. In order to fix it, the FAA has to go through the rule making procedure as it does with any regulatory change, and that takes time. I know for a fact that the SSA is deeply involved and are working with the FAA. As with anything involving the government, patience is a virtue.

Many thanks to Ken Sorenson and the entire SSA team for their involvement.