Old August 14th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Emily[_1_]

Default Consequence of shifting carry-on luggage to checked luggage foraircraft weight

Terry wrote:
Emily wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:

snip

Personally, I don't care about weight and balance. I care that I
can't take my contacts out on a transatlantic flight and that the TSA
would be shuffling through company secret information if I were to
check it on a business trip.

This is a good point. The TSA apparently doesn't understand that a
person/terrorist can smuggle fluids taped to one's leg, or other part of
the body, or even shove a vial/tube up their butt.
This type of over-reaction is typical of an agency that has no idea of
what to do, or in fact what the mission is.

I thought about smuggling contact solution in my bra, but figured if I
were to get caught, they'd nail me under the pilot insecurity act. So I
figured I can either lose my certificates or lose my medical after I get
an eye infection. Not sure which is preferable.

You've got a point, though. Maybe someone should suggest to them that
they need to start giving all passengers rectal exams before they board.