Old July 2nd 16, 04:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
K m

Default Paint for trailer

On Thursday, June 30, 2016 at 1:00:05 PM UTC-6, Colin Roney wrote:
GRP trailer (Lak12) needs repainting.
Just completed the rubbing down and general preparation and now in need of
advice as to the best stuff to paint it with. Nothing flashy but just good
quality paint.

Just did my 1999 Cobra with PPG PU and Clear. The problem with much of the Hardware Store grade stuff is longevity. I get compliments and ten years from now it will still look good. Another problem with the cheap stuff is compatibility. It sucks to do all the prep and watch your base coat blow up because someone decided to use cheap paint (Ask how I know this). Stay away from anything made by Rustolium (They market under several other brands like Duplicolor).