Old August 13th 03, 03:16 AM
Charles Talleyrand

"Gordon" wrote in message ...
Can I ask why..? Just curious as to where this info is heading.

Such work has been done, in some cases, in front of me.

I've been reading about the A-10 and it seems most attack profiles
lead it to fly over (or near) the target. A more survivable approach
would be to stand off, but that reduces accuracy.

Eventually these thoughts lead to the idea of a stand-off attack.
Since the A-10 requires it's gun to follow the nose, I was considering
platforms that could aim the gun separately from the vehicle. This leads
one to a helicopter, or to an A-10 with a helicopter turret mounted on
the nose.

Which lead to my question....

I would love to hear about the work in front of you. I'm not asking
you to violate your oaths and offer military secrets, but instead just tell
me what you can tell me.

Does it work?

What are the main obsticles to overcome?

-Thanks