Old September 19th 06, 01:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Cessna Cardinal 177 RG II v. Piper Arrow III (70s) v. Piper Arrow III (brand new)

You left out that a 182 in comparable condition and equipment will
cost from $30K to 50K more to buy. When I bought my FG 177 9 years ago,
good 182's went for about 85K. How much is that a year in interest,
either paid or lost? At 5% you could buy from $1500 to $2500 of gas.

Newps wrote:
wrote:
Also, most RG owners report
140-145 kts cruise @ 75%.

Why would anybody buy a Cardinal or Arrow for long term ownership when a
182 goes the same speed, costs less to operate and appreciates faster?