Old September 27th 04, 05:38 PM
William W. Plummer

C J Campbell wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:TJU5d.60013$wV.52840@attbi_s54...

If you do the math, it's true. Amazing.

That IS amazing.

This truly illustrates how evolutionary (rather than revolutionary)

aircraft

design has become. It also highlights America's unprecedented world
dominance. Imagine: world competition is so inconsequential that the

United

States can rule the skies while flying the equivalent of a 3-masted
schooner...

Of course, look at the F-15 Eagle, which was developed 32 years ago.

In World War II, that would have been like going to war in a Wright Model

Flyer!

According to that issue of AVweb, the Army wants to use blimps.

Ha! Not only can we beat 'em with one hand tied behind our back, but we can
do it with both hands and feet tied and blindfolded, too!

Hold it. Are you knocking blimps (air ships)? They can lift heavy
loads such as a tank and delive it right to the front. They are
reasonable cool (IR-wise) and have a low radar crossection. They can
take many shots and still fly. And, they are cheap! And pilot training
is minimal because, although they typically have more than one engine, a
multi engine ticket isn't required because the engines are not involved
in producing lift.