Old December 31st 14, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default What gliders do you hate?

My relationship to the 1-26 is strange.

If you don't have what you like, you like what you have. Flown it exactly once, after being forced out of the two seater that was needed during a busy training day. Vividly remember the moment one of the instructors told me I was going to have a ball, while closing my canopy. After releasing and toping a thermal, tried reaching another cloud, going against 10-15kt wind. Boy was I surprised when pushing the stick forward only resulted my altimeter to unwind with the speeds I had only observed before while skydiving... Half way towards the other cloud had to call quits and land. Never had been tempted to have a ball again.