Old July 24th 05, 04:14 AM

Default Shooing hangar sparrows

So I've got this big new glider hangar with a 60 foot door opening, and
while I like birds (in this case sparrows / fly-catchers), my Yorkie
dog goes nuts when they are in "her hangar". They don't nest but
occasionally poop, being birds after all.

Any suggestions on how to humanely repel / discourage these birds?
Forget guns or poison. Want to keep the dog as well. The big plastic
owls don't seem to work. Banging away on the big old Ludwig drumset in
the back corner seems to help for awhile, along with twanging on my
vintage Rickenbacker guitar - but my chops ain't what they used to be!

Burt
Marfa, west Texas
USA