Old July 24th 05, 02:01 PM

p.s. Marfa sticks in my mind as the site of the world Gliding Champs,
many years ago. What happened after that, I wonder?

I built "Marfa Gliders" as a commercial soaring site. Training
(beginner to advanced), FAA checkrides for PVT-COM-CFI, and glider
rentals year-round. Located between Carlsbad Caverns and Big Bend
National Parks on a scenic, grassy plateau at almost 5,000 msl. Marfa
Airport (MRF) enjoys cooler summer temps than the rest of Texas! Low
dewpoints = high cloudbases. The 2006 World Class (PW-5) National
Contest will be here next June.

We're remote, but I've built a nice facility, so come visit - we'll
show you a good time!

See our website: www.flygliders.com
Burt Compton
Marfa, west Texas