Old July 31st 07, 05:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew-S

Default What are you really trying to accomplish

An echo of my own thoughts Bill,
This merry battle has gotten really getting out of hand, neither side is
prepared to give an inch. Unfortunately it is also what I feared would
happen this time around,
and the parties on both sides have become so focused they don't see how
damage they are doing to the newsgroup.

The sad reality is that there are so many other interesting places to get
our aviation photo fixes. Pbase is one of my favorites, and though
much more amateur, I also rather like the free service Flickr... I haven't
heard of Fence Check but after a quick search it looks like it too maybe a
interesting place to hang out as well.

Well I have got to clean my sensor, I have a paid shoot at 9:00am., and I
would like to get some sleep.

Andrew

"Maple1" wrote in message
Dave LaCourse wrote:
Seems dumb not to use an up-to-date
computer.

I have a Very up to date computer. YENC is an encoding format to transfer
files and has nothing to do with the computer it has to do with the
program you use to post and read NG files. I just dont feel like
downloading another newsreader I have 3 and none decode YENC I also do not
want to DL another. So I am not loosing out
Post in YENC all you want I no longer care. If you read the guide it
states clearly If you want the greatest exposure use a standard encoding
method. personaly I am tired of the fight and it is not my loss. The only
photos worth seeing in this group belong to Dale "Legend of LAX" and
Glen's that is about the only reason I am still even keeping a newsreader.
Other then that I can see great work in discussion groups like
Fencecheck.com

BTW Dale you are one who should join that group. You and Glen are a couple
of the best photographers and it is a great place to show off your work.

Bill

You wont hear another word on YENC from me its not worth bitching over New
Groups are a dieing area anyway.

To bad this used to be a great place to drop in and see others work.