Old November 19th 18, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Recommended configuration: ADS-B receiver, iPad, software?

On Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 5:38:41 PM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
I have both an iPad mini 4 and a Nexus 7 Android.Â* The iPad has better
visibility in the sunlight, but the operating system continually ****es
me off with demands to plug it in and lock it so that it can be backed
up.Â* It also quits if it sits in the sun. Between the brighter screen on
the iPad and the friendlier operating system and wealth of applications,
I like the Android much better.

I have a Trig 22 and ADS-B out in my glider and I also have a portable
WAAS GPS which will receive all of the ADS-B in targets, weather, TFRs,
etc.Â* I haven't used that in the glider yet, but it's coming.

Dan

You can stop being nagged at to do iCloud backups by turning them off :-)
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8018776

It's an example of "Apple knows best".

Darryl