Old November 19th 18, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Recommended configuration: ADS-B receiver, iPad, software?

I got the XGPS-170d for ADS-B in capability in the glider long before
considering installing ADS-B in the glider and, I think before we
installed it in the Cessna 180.Â* Unfortunately, it won't work with the
iPad (thanks Apple), and the Android version of Garmin Pilot crashes all
the time and doesn't have all the functionality of the Apple version
(thanks Garmin), so I'm stuck with both now.Â* Had I to do it over, I'd
get the stratus and use the iPad in both aircraft.Â* Oh wait...Â* Avare
won't work on the iPad so I'd have to buy ForeFlight to use in both
aircraft (thanks Apple and/or Google and/or Garmin) so I...Â* Oh never
mind.Â* I'm stuck with both now.

On 11/19/2018 6:39 AM, Jeff wrote:
I have an iPad mini 4 and a Stratus for adsb in. Works great and I can easily move it between aircraft. I do not have adsb out, so I miss some of the traffic. If I’m flying low on the ridges, the adsb signal is poor and intermittent so I’m missing traffic anyway......

--
Dan, 5J