Old October 15th 19, 01:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Brokerage fee

On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 8:45:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 6:43:48 PM UTC-6, Bob Youngblood wrote:
On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 8:07:34 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 5:56:28 PM UTC-6, wrote:
On Monday, October 14, 2019 at 7:23:48 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I'm working on the sale of a glider from a deceased club member for his estate. The estate has no idea how to sell a glider and what level of effort is involved. What is a fair brokerage fee (percentage) to handle the transaction for them? I plan on putting the glider on several websites and marketing it locally. I'll be handling inquiries, showing, the sale and paperwork to transfer ownership. Obviously I'm not a professional broker, just trying to help them but they have asked what a fair fee would be.

I have handled a couple and have treated them as a favor to my deceased friend.
FWIW
UH

I would do the same, however, this is a club member who last was active nearly 20 years ago. Nobody remembers him. He did however continue to pay storage fees with our club during that time.

Why don't you just sell the ship as a favor to the deceased? I sometimes am at a loss for words when it comes to this type of situation. Why be so worried about 20 years past.

I can give you the estates contact info. You can take the lead.

If you have no affection for the deceased sell his glider, without taking a fee, for the good of soaring. It ain't that hard. Clubs do this all the time. A glider getting back in the air should make us all happy. Find a local buyer and it is good for your club. Everybody wins.