Old April 25th 16, 11:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default CCSC Landing Accident?

On Monday, April 25, 2016 at 3:40:37 PM UTC+12, Bill T wrote:
The one crop duster video, tailwind landing uphill, was a nose dragger, no real comparison, except for landing an minimum speed.

Yes. The New Zealand ag scene has been absolutely dominated by tricycle undercarriage planes since the early 60s (at least). Primarily of course by the Fletcher FU24 series (as in the two videos I've posted), but also in the 60s/early 70s the Bennett/Transavia Airtruk. There are a handful of Ag Cat, Ag Wagon and of course Pawnee but they are vastly outnumbered.

I don't know, but my impression is tail draggers are more popular in Australia.