Old July 27th 03, 12:43 AM
Tank Fixer

In article ,
says...
If I met two soldiers, one had the Bronze Star but no CIB or battle stars, the
other had the Combat Infantry Badge but no Bronze Star, I would immediaetly
give the higher respect to the man with the CIB. Men who have been in battle
vvould always have higher place of honor than those who have never been in
battle.

If I met a high ranking officer with the Bronze Star but no battle stars and
a sgt. with the Air Medal but no Bronze Star, the greater honor goes to the man
with the Air Medal. Battle honors go above all other honors..

It's not so cut and dried. My last unit we had a SGT with bronze star
with a V.
He had been a helo mech in DS1 and nver did talk about the whys or
where fors..

But he refused to fly anymore, even just as a passenger...

By just giving the CIB all the credit you will be ognoring all those
tanker/cannon cockers and other sundry soldiers that may be in the
same combat but because of the Reg's are not awarded a CIB.

Remember, Friendly fire, Isn't :