Old January 15th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting, rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default and a new pilot/engineer is born.

On Jan 15, 3:21 am, Larry Dighera wrote:
Eight months! Who has built anything that flies in 8 months?

The late Tim Crawford built a complex homebuilt that flew for a long
time (a long EZ) in nine months. Its not the months or years, it's the
hours. Took me about 2300 hours to build mine http://www.abri.com/sq2000
Some people do 2 hours per week and some 40.

But the Nigerian unit is hardly complex - got only a few feet of the
ground. So I say to all those guys putting him down, he still deserves
credit for ambition - not that I would want to fly in the thing.

And I don't agree with the hinted implication. Just because the kid is
from Nigeria does not mean he is guaranteed to be dishonest..... Just
because somebody is from North America does not guarantee they are
honest.