Old December 10th 09, 12:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval,us.military.navy
Peter Skelton

Default China's sixth-generation fighter aircraft design based on nuclear propulsion

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 22:30:46 -0800, tankfixer
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 17:50:03 -0800 (PST), WaltBJ
wrote:

Nuclear propulsion in a fighter? It's either going to be the biggest
heaviest fighter ever built or the mechanics will be able to perform
one (1) launch and the pilot one (1) mssion. And it better be a short
one, too, or else the pilot'll be barfing his guts out before he gets
back on final. Radiation, you know . . .
Walt BJ

I'm sure they've developed a new shielding material with the
performance of lead and the weight of balsa wood to incorporate into
this new generation of wundermachinen.

When you have billions of people why worry about the pilot ?
Just stuff a new one in for each mission...

I forsee certain difficulties with training.

Peter Skelton